Friday, January 8, 2010

Typefaces


Since I've been thinking about doing all the lettering on SWEETS, I took advantage of the COMICRAFT  New Year's font sale and grabbed a few things. I'll still do a fair amount of hand lettering and custom typography, but I'm sure I'll be using my new fonts for the core of the balloon lettering. The fonts I purchased were Ratatatat, JoeKubert, MildMannered, and Storyline.

And for those that don't know, there's a little graphic designer trick we use when trying out typefaces. Head over to MyFonts.com and plug in some custom text to see how the typeface looks at various sizes using your actual text. This is particularly helpful when working on logos and headlines. You can really get a feel for how a typeface works before buying.

(Click fonts below to enlarge)









No comments: